Terms and Conditions
Showstoppers Stageschool Templeogue
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before taking classes.
1. Enrollment is for the 30 week academic year. Payments are divided into three installments of 10 weeks. If your child does not wish to complete the year, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org giving half a term’s notice or you will be liable for the next term’s fee.
2. Fees may be paid by card. Fees are to be paid in full at the start of each term. Card payments will incur a 2.75% surcharge. After 3 weeks, unpaid/late fees will result in an administration charge of €10. We do not accept pay-as-you-go classes, deposits for classes, or issue any refunds for classes missed by students. Places are held as per booking and term. No refunds will be given once paid.
3. We offer €20 discount off your next term, once a friend you have recommended has signed up for a term. We also offer a family discount (to siblings) of 10%. and to those taking 3 classes. These offers are only applied on a full 10-week booking, paid at the start of a term.
No discounts are offered on exam classes.
4. The uniform is compulsory once you have completed a 10-week term with us. It must be worn to class each week, to auditions, and outings.
5. Parents will be notified of important information, fees due, outings, auditions, term dates, and holidays via e-mail or text, and also via the noticeboard by the entrance. Emails will be issued using the parent's email address supplied on the booking form. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you feel you may have missed some of the information, as this is our means of communicating with you.
6. We appreciate that this is an extracurricular activity, so we do not expect full attendance all the time. However, if an event has been organized, such as a performance and a child misses any rehearsal time, we reserve the right to omit them from the material covered on the day, which may include missing out on the event.
7. It may be necessary from time to time, to hold extra rehearsal classes for performances, etc. These classes are not included in fees and will incur extra charges.
8. Showstoppers Stageschool will not be responsible for any students left uncollected, outside of the hours paid for.
9. Showstoppers accepts no liability for any physical injury, loss, or damage to persons or property occurring on the premises, whether caused by negligence or howsoever otherwise arising.
10. We reserve the right of admission and expulsion, and to modify the program/calendar at any time.
11. In order to help us provide the best attention for your child please ensure that you let us know of any medical or additonal needs your child might have. There is a space provided on the booking form for this.
12. All students are represented solely by Showstoppers Agency and may get the opportunity to appear in Film, Television, and Theatre. There is no charge for being a part of the Showstoppers Agency. If an actor does get cast in a production we deal with all contracts, invoicing, and arrangements on the student's behalf. The parents must inform us if the student has been cast and must also inform the production company that they will not be dealing with any payments etc. We charge 20% commission. When information is given about auditions, it is not to be shared outside the school with any other members of your family or friends, unless requested to. Failure to do so will result in full payment being made solely to Showstoppers Stageschool.
13. Consent for photographs/video used - In the course of the activities provided by Showstoppers Stageschool, photographs and video may be taken by the course teachers and in the case of class performances by other parents, which may include footage of your child. These may be used on our website/YouTube or in our brochures from time to time. Please ensure you let the school know in writing if you do not consent to the use of images as described above.
14. Complaints- If a problem occurs, please inform the relevant teacher immediately so that the matter can be put right. If the teacher cannot resolve the problem to your satisfaction, you can contact the School’s Office by telephoning 086-8911366 or emailing email@example.com so that the school is given the opportunity to help. We do not accept confrontations in front of our students/customers/staff.
COVID-19 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Here at Showstoppers Stageschool, the safety of our students and staff is our top priority, which is why we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that no stone is unturned. All staff have received COVID training, our risk assessment forms have been created, and we have kept an open line of communication with our venue. Teachers will move from room to room, rather than students. We have been closely monitoring government guidelines for changes and will adapt each time a new guideline is introduced.
Students will be dropped outside of the building to attend class. Parents cannot enter.
Students must keep all belongings to a minimum. Water bottles or other items must be labeled.
Students must NOT attend class if feeling unwell, even with symptoms unrelated to Covid 19.
In the event of another lockdown during term time, we will provide the remaining classes of that term/camp online. So by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are agreeing to engage in the online classes, as no refunds/credit notes will be given. Classes will close, only in the event of a lockdown, or if instructed by government guidelines.